Sugar cane is a natural bio-based plant which absorbs carbon dioxide in the air rather than emitting it like other oil-based materials do. Thereby, this Sustainable and Recyclable product reduces the Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming. This premium landscaping solution is made from 60% Renewable Resources and is the latest innovation from our Australian manufacturer.
Utilising Green Technology (GT) recently developed for Olympic Hockey Fields, APT have revolutionised the synthetic grass industry with this sustainable solution that gives consumers an opportunity to get their weekend back whilst reducing their carbon footprint.
Sugar cane captures CO2, it is crushed mechanically and the bi-product is extracted and fermented to produce ethanol. Under heat and pressure, water is removed to create an ethylene gas and is transformed into small polyethylene beads, we then add CoolPlus™ Technology to the beads to keep the product Cool and Green. The yarn is extruded in our manufacturer’s Melbourne factory, making this the World’s first environmentally friendly synthetic lawn!
01. Sugar cane captures CO2
02. Sugar cane is crushed mechanically
03. Extracted bi-product is fermented to create ethanol
04. Under heat and pressure, water is removed to create ethylene gas
05. The gas is transformed into small polyethylene beads
06. The CoolPlus™ Technology is added to the beads to keep the product cool
07. Yarn is extruded in the Melbourne facility
08. Class GT is the World’s first environmentally friendly synthetic lawn!